If you would like to participate in The Write On Project:
- Go to the What We’re Writing On page to find the current topic for the month. (And if you’re the forward looking type, go the What We’re Gonna Write On page for future topics.)
- Write a blog post inspired by the topic any way you want–reflective, creative, poetic, German–whatever.
- Paste your post into the body of an email and send it to Jared (jaredkarol at gmail dot com) and/or Mitchell (mwbrown35 at gmail dot com) during the month of publication (or sooner).
- Please put the title of the piece at the top of the body, and a short (two to three sentences) bio in third person at the bottom (if it’s your first submission) with any links or pictures you’d like included.
- In the subject line of the email please write “The Write On Project submission: (topic you’re submitting for)”.
- We will respond to you by email when we plan to post your piece. We might do very slight editing for fluidity and/or syntactic consistency, but we will never make major revisions that change the essence of the piece.
- Once your post is live on The Write On Project, you are welcome to post it on your own site. If you do, please include at the top of your post that the piece is part of The Write On Project, give the topic, and include a link back The Write On Project home page. (see example here)
- Repeat steps 1-7 often, and spread the word to your friends. The more the merrier!
- If you have any other questions, suggestions or comments, please send them via email or leave a comment on this page.
Thank you very much for your interest and participation in The Write On Project. Write on!
Jared and Mitchell